Concerns about the taxonomy, definition and coding of fibromyalgia syndrome in ICD-11: the potential for negative consequences for patient care and research
W. Häuser1, D.J. Clauw2, F. Wolfe3, P. Sarzi-Puttini4, J.N. Ablin5, C. Usui6, G.O. Littlejohn7, B. Morlion8, E. Kosek9, E.A. Fors10, K.M. Øien Forseth11, M.-A. Fitzcharles12
- Department Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Technische Universität München, Germany. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA.
- National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, USA.
- Università degli Studi di Milano, Luigi Sacco University Hospital, Milan, Italy.
- Department of Internal Medicine H, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Department of Psychiatry, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.
- Department of Medicine, Monash University and Department of Rheumatology, Monash Health, Melbourne, Australia.
- Leuven Center for Algology and Pain Management, University Hospitals Leuven, KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, and Department of Surgical Science, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Department of Public Health and Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
- Department Rheumatology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Sweden.
- Alan Edwards Pain Management Unit, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, and Division of Rheumatology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada.
2022 Vol.40, N°6
PI 1073, PF 1075
Free to view
(click on article PDF icon to read the article)
PMID: 35699071 [PubMed]
Accepted : 16/05/2022
In Press: 09/06/2022